October 24, 2009 – Opelika, Alabama – In one of the most exciting Audi-related announcements to hit the North American racing scene in recent years, APR Motorsport has revealed their plans to campaign a pair of 2010 Audi S4s in the Grand Am – KONI Challenge GS class!
Building off of an amazing 2009 season with their 2009 VW GTIs, APR continues their momentum by stepping into the GS class. They will campaign the S4s alongside a pair of 2010 Mk6 GTIs which will continue where they left off in the Koni Challenge ST class.
In 2009, APR Motorsports showed the racing community that they have the ability to campaign a premier level racing program. Their efforts in the Koni Challenge ST class gained momentum throughout the season and finished as arguably the strongest team in their class. They finished with more wins and more laps led than any other team.
APR Motorsport simultaneously announced their intentions to upgrade and continue their VW Gti efforts to the newest generation MK6 chassis as found in the 2010 model. APR Motorsport seems to have their hands full but as those who attended the announcement at this Saturday’s Annual Customer Appreciation BBQ held at APR HQ in Auburn, AL can attest, APR has plenty of talent, experience, equipment and engineering prowess to gallantly field both efforts. APR Motorsport Principle and APR, LLC President Stephen Hooks commented, “The accomplishments of the race engineers and the Software, Electrical and Mechanical engineering teams at APR have at times been simply amazing in their success and opportunity for continual break through from cooperation.”
aryatara.info is proud to announce that it is a premier sponsor of APR Motorsport’s Audi program and will function as an official media partner throughout the season. We will provide the most up to date team news and information, as well as full coverage of every race. Coverage will include behind the scenes access, in depth driver interviews and full race photography.
Tenative 2010 Grand Am Cup Schedule:
- January 29th, 2010 – Daytona International Speedway – Daytona, FL
- March 6-7 – Homestead Miami Speedway – Homestead, FL
- April – 9-10 – Barber Motorsports Park – Birmingham, AL
- April 24-25 – Virginia International Raceway – Alton, VA
- May 28-31 – Lime Rock Park – Lakeville, CT
- June 5-6 – Watkins Glen Long Course – Watkins Glen, NY
- June 19-20 – Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course – Lexington, OH
- July 17-18 – New Jersey Motorsports Park – Millville, NJ
- August 6-7 – Watkins Glen International – Watkins Glen, NY
- August 27-28 – Circuit Gilles Villeneuve – Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- September 11-12 – Miller Motorsports Park – Tooele, UT
Click here for the most up to date schedule:
Stay tuned for a full press release with more details and exclusive photos and coverage which will be posted later today.