Audi of America has announced pricing for the 2019 Q8. The 5-seat Q7 variant will start at $67,400 ( $995 destination) in Premium trim.
Premium Plus, meanwhile, will start at $71,400 while the Prestige trim is set to start at $76,550.
All three trims will be powered by Audi’s 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 engine, making 335 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque. The hot V six-cylinder even gets a revised valve lift system to improve response and performance, giving it more power over a wider torque range than the Q7.
That’s good enough to get it to 60 mph in just 5.6 seconds.
Standard quattro AWD will join a standard 48-volt mild-hybrid system, ensure that this is green as it is red hot.
Every Q8 is fitted with adaptive damping, but the Adaptive Chassis package gives the Q8 an air suspension for changeable ride height and sitffness.
And if you buy the 2019 Q8, you can also buy the Year one package, which includes 22-inch Audi Sport 5-V-spoke anthracite wheels, black optic exterior kit, roof rails, black S-line bumpers, fender badges, door sills, and red brake calipers.
All trims come standard with LED head- and taillights, dynamic turn signals, heated, power folding mirrors, and according to the Audi:
- Standard Q-design three-spoke multifunction steering wheel with shift paddles.
- Standard three-zone automatic climate control or available four-zone.
- Standard panoramic sunroof adds light to the cabin.
- Standard leather seating surfaces and available leather dashboard.
- Standard heated eight-way power front seats with four-way power lumbar adjustment.
- Available Luxury package adds Valcona leather and individual contour front seating surfaces with ventilation and massage function and passenger seat memory, dual pane glass, extended leather on center console and door armrests.
- Standard gray brown fine grain ash natural inlays or available eucalyptus lava brown inlays.
- Standard interior lighting package or available interior lighting package adds multicolor ambient light.
- Available heated rear seats and heated steering wheel.
As well as:
- Standard MMI touch response® with 10.1” upper display used for controlling infotainment and navigation functions and 8.6” lower display used for climate control, comfort and convenience functions and for natural handwriting input with whole-word recognition.
- Standard second generation Audi virtual cockpit featuring a 12.3-inch display that offers HD resolution of 1920 x 720 pixels. The driver can choose between two viewing modes – classic and infotainment. The virtual cockpit helps to enhance the infotainment and navigating experience through the large Google Earth™ imagery or 3D city maps (requires Audi connect PRIME subscription) supported with 4G LTE (where available).
- Available Audi phone box connects compatible smartphones with the vehicle’s antenna and can charge the phone inductively (standard on Premium Plus and Prestige).
- Standard on Prestige models, the full-color head-up display projects relevant driving information in the driver’s field of vision.
- Standard Audi smartphone interface provides access to Apple CarPlay™ and Google™ Android Auto for compatible devices.
- Two optional sound systems are offered on the Q8. Standard on Premium Plus and Prestige models is a Bang & Olufsen Premium 3D Sound System. Available on Prestige models is the Bang & Olufsen 3D Advanced Sound System, which delivers nearly true-to-life surround sound through 19 speakers, powered by the 19-channel BeoCore amplifier and ICE power amplifiers with a peak output of 1,820 watts.
- Available Adaptive Cruise Assist (ACA), a “hands-on” system that helps the driver with acceleration and braking, maintaining speed and following distance, and with lane tracking over a speed range of 0-95 mph and during traffic jam situations.
- Standard Audi pre sense city helps detect vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists in the vehicle’s forward path, at speeds of up to 52 mph and can initiate braking if a potential collision is detected.
- Available Top view camera system (front, rear and side views) with virtual 360osurround view combines four wide-angle cameras on the outside of the vehicle to project a virtual real-time 3D model of the Q8, allowing the driver to toggle around the vehicle and zoom in and out to help with maneuvering in tight spaces.
- Available Intersection assist helps monitor cross traffic when pulling through an intersection or crossing lanes and can help notify the driver of a potentially hazardous situation by applying the brakes at speeds of up to 6.2 mph or with visual and audio warnings at speeds of up to 18.6 mph.
- Available Turn assist can help notify you of an oncoming vehicle when turning left by applying the brakes and keeping the vehicle within its own lane.
- Available Traffic sign recognition including vehicle speed warning, can help detect speed limits and can display the information in the Audi virtual cockpit. New for 2019 are “Right Turn on Red” signs as well as recommended exit and on-ramp speed limit signs.
- Available Audi side assist (standard on Premium Plus and Prestige trims) can provide blind spot monitoring via LED indicators on the exterior mirror housings at speeds above 9 mph.
- Available Audi pre sense rear (standard on Premium Plus and Prestige) helps monitor the traffic following behind the vehicle and can close the windows and sunroof and tension the safety belts in the case of a rear-end collision.
- Available Vehicle exit warning (as part of Audi side assist) can help notify you when moving objects are approaching from behind as the vehicle doors are opened with a visual red indication on the interior LED light strip of the door trim, acoustic warning, and new for Q8, a one-to-two second delay in the door handle release.
- Available Rear cross traffic assist (as part of Audi side assist) can support the driver when reversing out of a perpendicular parking space and can help alert the driver through a brake jolt in certain situations, for example in the case where an approaching vehicle is detected.