- New vehicle sales up 10% vs. February 2011, and an increase of 14.9% YTD growth compared to 2011
- Sales propelled by demand for top two premium categories, representing more than 25% of the sales mix, and strong TDI® clean diesel sales
- Certified Pre-Owned sales of 2,865 vehicles marks second-best February on record, an increase of 11.2% over the same period in 2011
February results were buoyed by strong performance in the top two premium categories, with sales for the Audi A6 increasing 63.6% over 2011, and continued strong sales of 584 vehicles for the design-forward Audi A7, which was launched in the U.S. market in April 2011.
Other highlights include:
• February 2012 ranks as the best February in Audi of America history, eclipsing the previous record set last year.
• 2012 Audi A6 sales up 63.6%, compared to February 2011.
• Audi A3 sales up 21.5%, compared to February 2011.
• Sales of Audi Q5 increased 14%, compared to February 2011; Audi Q7 inventory extremely limited due to low supply.
• Audi TT sales up 15.2% vs. February 2011, boosted by increased demand for the Audi TT Coupe.
• Sales mix for Audi TDI clean diesel models finished the month at 53.9% for the A3 TDI on 253 TDI models sold, and 36.7% for the supply restricted Q7 TDI on 137 models sold.
• Audi Certified pre-owned sales of 2,865 vehicles mark an increase of 11.2%, compared to the same period in 2011; Southern and Western regions set new all-time records for February.
• For the record-setting month of February 2012, three Audi models recorded year-over-year sales increases of 15% or more, including the Audi A3, the Audi A6, and the Audi TT models.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT||–YTD–|
|Model Line||Feb. ’12 Actual||Feb. ’11 Actual||Yr/Yr % change||Feb. ’12 YTD Actual||Feb. ’11 YTD Actual||Yr/Yr % change|
|Total Audi Sales||8,531||7,753||10.0%||17,885||15,565||14.9%|
|Total CPO Sales||2,865||2,577||11.2%||5,435||4,809||13.0%|